Shed Weight Fast – 10 Weight Loss Secrets by Admin on March 9, 2012
Best Weight Loss Secrets
Obtaining your weight loss goal may be easier than you think. The following 10 Weight Loss Secrets are simple tips to get you going immediately towards successful weight loss.
1. GET ADEQUATE SLEEP
The first of 10 Weight Loss Secrets is easy as ABC. Researchers report that lack of enough sleep causes stress, and stress causes the body metabolism to slow down and store fat. However, people who are well –rested are less likely to snack due to stress or fatigue. It is therefore crucial that you factor in getting enough sleep into your plan of losing weight. If you find yourself waking up tired, start by working toward an extra hour of sleep. Get to bed 30 minutes earlier and wake up 30 minutes later than you are accustomed to.
2. VISUALIZE THE THINNER YOU
The second secret is visualization. According to experts, visualization is one of the key factors in achieving goals, including weight loss. Practice visualization every day, it helps to keep you focused. Imagine yourself so many pounds lighter. Your goal is achievable. Reaching your weight goal is possible but you must first believe you can achieve it. Set aside 10 minutes a day, or right before you fall asleep. Then consciously visualize yourself exactly how you want to look when you reach your weight loss goal.
3. EAT A BALANCED BREAKFAST
Nutritionists agree that it is critical to have a well balanced breakfast in the morning. This meal sets the tone for the rest of your day. Starting with a balanced breakfast provides you with nutrients, vitamins and minerals. It improves your concentration and performance during the day. A balanced breakfast also energizes your body and prepares you for physical and mental stress you may come across in the morning hours. A balanced breakfast should include a complete diet with protein, dietary fiber, calcium and Vitamin C. This third of 10 Weight Loss Secrets is an important and simple step to get your day going in the right direction AND for overall health!
Walking is free and easy, and extremely beneficial when done correctly. When you are walking for weight loss try doing 30 minutes a day, most days of the week, at a “talking” pace. (Meaning you can talk, but have an elevated breathing and not gasping for air.) Walking 4 to 5 times a week will not only help with the weight loss, but also improve you cardiovascular fitness.
Here are a few basic steps that should be followed for maximum results:
- Wear a good pair of shoes and comfortable clothing.
- Take five minutes to warm up and stretch your muscles before you start walking. (Include the calf stretch, quadriceps stretch, hamstring stretch and side stretch.)
- Maintain the proper posture and movement, meaning walk tall and start off slow and easy. Accelerate your pace to a comfortable level. Begin with daily sessions of 10 to 15 minutes, and increase your time, distance and pace every week.
5. JOIN A GYM
The main goal of exercise is to burn calories while energizing your muscles. Eventhough you can do exercises at home including working out to a DVD for example, joining a gym has its benefits:
- Different pieces of equipment that focus on different parts of the body.
- Instructor led classes such a Zumba, aerobics, cycling, etc.
- Keeping to a schedule (i.e., going after work or during lunch break, etc).
- You’re paying for it… so you are more inclined to go.
Number six of 10 Weight Loss Secrets is a choice each one has to make. An easy way of cutting back without feeling denied is to choose lower calorie foods of what you crave. Also, you will need a healthy eating plan to provide the nutrition that your body needs every day. With the help of a nutritionist if you have access to one, set up a daily calorie goal for weight loss. A healthy eating plan for your weight loss will include:
- Fresh fruits & vegetables, whole grains, and fat-free or low-fat milk and milk products
- Lean meats, poultry, fish, beans, eggs, and nuts
- Low saturated fats, trans fat, cholesterol, salt (sodium), and added sugars
- Controlled portion sizes
Experts recommend we drink 8 glasses of water a day. Most people, however, fall short of this goal. Whenever you feel hungry between meals remember a glass of water will fill your stomach and suppress appetite for a short time. Water has zero calories and helps to flush out toxins from the body. Drinking water also helps in the process of releasing excess water stored in the body that would otherwise cause blotting. Lastly, a glass of ice cold water is does more than quench your thirst; it also burns up some calories as the body heats it up in order to absorb it properly.
8. STEP ON THE SCALE DAILY
Know where you stand. Numerous experts suggest throwing out the scale and measure your progress by how your clothes fit. But, according to research and data provided by the National Weight Control Registry (NWCR), the greatest weight-loss advantage is weighing daily. This helps you to identify small weight changes quickly, and allows room for necessary changes as the day progresses.
Don’t forget that weight fluctuates day by day mostly due to the amount of water in your system. If it upsets you when the scale drifts upward from yesterday, even after following all 10 Weight Loss Secrets, don’t give up. Instead, stay the course, and weigh yourself once a week.
9. GO EASY ON THE ALCOHOL
Alcoholic drinks are generally rich in calories and can lead to careless eating. To make sure that we are keeping up with our 10 Weight Loss Secrets, try to cut down or better still, eliminate alcohol. You can easily rack up hundreds of calories with a glass of cosmopolitan or margarita. Treat yourself just once a week or better yet, chose a glass of wine, light beer, or vodka and soda; these drinks have about 100 calories per serving.
10. PLAN AND FOLLOW THROUGH
Now the 10th weight loss secret is threefold:
- Plan your meals ahead of time, and have the right foods available to avoid making poor choices.
- Keep a written log of your weight on weekly basis. The goal here is to lose gradually, about one or two pounds a week which translates to four to eight pounds a month. After weeks of weight loss you may hit a plateau. If this happens, do not freak out. Your body is adjusting to a new weight. If you have included strength training, your weight may remain the same for a while, because you are decreasing body fat and gaining muscle.
- Once you’ve reached your weight loss goal, it is very important that you weigh yourself every day. This helps you to maintain your hard earned weight and encourages you to continue watching what you eat and maintain your physical activities.
Best Weight Loss Secrets